Do you love traveling? Are you scared to take the first step? Do you need some motivation to finally get up and go? Look no further! Here at Lifestyle Glitz, we had the chance to interview the famous “Instagram Traveling Couple” – The Unstoppables, Alex, and Sebastiaan! Their story will give you major traveling goals!
An Insight into the Lives of the “Unstoppables” a.k.a. Traveling Couple
- Hi, Alex and Sebastiaan! Could you please tell us a little about yourselves?
Alex is a 25-year-old American Girl, and I, Sebastiaan, am a 28-year-old Dutch man. In 2016, we quit our jobs, sold all our stuff and went on a journey to see the world.
- What do you both do for a living?
We don’t have jobs right now. Sebastiaan used to be a salesperson, and I, Alex, am a web designer.
- What pumped you up to finally leave your comfort zone and explore new places?
We basically met while traveling, so we weren’t really leaving our comfort zone. In the end, life is much too short to just sit in a cubicle working for a boss.
- Your blog has quite a unique name: lost with purpose. Can you explain the reason behind it?
We almost always get lost. So we figured it made sense to incorporate this in our name. Hence, ‘Lost With Purpose.’
- What does your traveling backpack always include?
Clothes, shoes, and some toiletries.
- Which country are you currently exploring?
We are currently in Kyrgyzstan, and our next destination will be Uzbekistan.
- What is your craziest adventure until date?
We’ve had so many adventures as a Traveling Couple; it’s difficult to name just one. It’s best to just check out our blog, http://lostwithpurpose.com where we write about all of them.
- What is the best place you have visited so far?
There’s not one best place. Almost all places we’ve visited have something special to them.
- Your photography is amazing! Are you naturally into photography as well?
Alex is really into photography. She either takes all the pictures or tells me, exactly how to shoot them.
- Have you visited Pakistan and where did you visit?
Yes. In Pakistan, we visited Jahangir’s Tomb (Lahore), Naran Valley, and Deosai Plains (see images).
- Which one of you (the Traveling Couple) gets crankier while visiting a hot, tiring place?
- What have you learned from your traveling experience?
We actually just wrote a post about that on our blog. Check it out here: http://lostwithpurpose.com/six-things-learned-six-months-backpacking/
- Did you encounter any difficult experience where you wanted to give up?
Not really … Giving up is not in our nature unless it involves uphill walking.
- You both travel together if I am not wrong. What if one of our readers wishes to travel alone? Would it be harder for them?
That depends. As men, it’s really easy to travel alone. As women, it’s a lot harder, because in many countries people feel the need to harass solo traveling women. But in both cases, it’s absolutely doable.
- What tips would you like to give to fellow travelers or any Traveling Couple out there?
Make sure to look both ways before crossing the road.
- Which country would you suggest everyone visit?
There’s not one country, people should visits as many countries as they want.
- I was personally delighted to read your blog posts from your visit to my country, Pakistan. I hope you visit again and I have the pleasure of meeting you both.
We hope we can visits again soon too.
Thank you very much for doing this. We hope you keep on traveling, blogging, and taking beautiful photographs! Cheers!
Wow! That was something, wasn’t it? Now I have a question for you – the reader!
Are You Inspired Enough for Traveling on Your Own Too?
You may feel like you live in a great city, have a great job and a lively social circle but you still cannot beat the adventures of the wild! When you see the way other people are living, you will realize what you have been missing all along – a fresher perspective. You will adopt the habit of interacting with unknown people on your way, an important skill, which will help you in every stage of life.
Most people have a fear of new places or new people. They are afraid to go up to someone and say a simple: Hi. What better way to conquer your fears than to travel? Traveling will build you up. It will make you better than you ever were.
Will you feel the waves of the Sea or a cool, soft breeze against your skin? Will you touch the soft petals of the flowers or the detailed intricacies of a historic building? Will you taste the freshly captured fish or the slowly fried lambskin? It is up to you! Choose your destination. Be a Traveling Couple! Pack your bags. Quit your job. Hurry up before it’s too late! You were born free; do not trap yourself in a one-bedroom apartment. Do not live the same old life.
If you traveled to some interesting or exciting place and want to share your experience with us, feel free to write to us at Lifestyle Glitz. Click here to read our previous post “Eat Right, Feel Right: Food for Your Age (Women Only)” in case you missed it. To read more about amazing lifestyle tips, keep visiting us on www.lifestyleglitz.com. We are all you need for a great and happy lifestyle!