Are you a great fan of Italian food? Did you just say yes? If you did, then this mouthwatering Italian Lemon Chicken recipe is here just for you!
Lemon chicken is perhaps the most requested dish at different renowned restaurants in Italy. From sidewalk cafes to contemporary restaurants, everyone loves to munch on these juicy chicken bites. Sometimes referred to as Pollo al Limone, you should know that it’s all about the tarty but exciting flavor of lemon.
Lemon is definitely an excellent ingredient because it adds a burst to meals and enhances the flavor of any dish. If you wish to have a fresh and light chicken treat this weekend, here is a guide on how you can prepare this amazing treat.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients for Lemon Chicken
- ½ pound chicken breasts cut finely into strips, or chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 egg
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Marinade the chicken breasts or cutlets with lemon juice and all the seasonings. Set this aside for 30 minutes.
- On a flat surface, crack the egg and scramble it in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the additional ingredients.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Dip the chicken into the scrambled egg mix. Let the excess drip off.
- Dip this into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking tray and place the coated chicken pieces.
- Pick each piece and lightly fry on the pan for about 3 minutes. This helps the breadcrumbs on either side of the chicken to set firmly.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and place it on a baking sheet. Bake this in the oven for 10 minutes or until the inside of the pieces look cooked (not pink or raw).
- Finally, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the chicken pieces lightly.
- Serve with lemon wedges
- Take some time, and enjoy your Italian lemon chicken with pasta, rice, or as a savory snack!
Click here to read our previous post “If Donald Trump Becomes the 2017 President” in case you missed it. To read more about amazing lifestyle tips, keep visiting us on www.lifestyleglitz.com. We are all you need for a great and happy lifestyle!