Chicken Qorma is a Pakistani specialty. Qorma is another traditional dish from India and Pakistan. You can explore making it with chicken, mutton or beef cubes. This is a very hearty dish and usually cooked on special occasions like parties, weddings, engagements or get together one-dish parties. It is the main course dish served with either home cooked bread or brick oven baked bread. It is a very popular dish, and you can find many variations of this dish in the Indo Pak regions.
If you are looking for a mouthwatering native Pakistani recipe too, then start with this one right here.
Ingredients for Chicken Qorma
Here’s what you need:
- Chicken 1/2 kg
- 2 medium onions (slice them and fry till golden brown)
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Cloves (or long in Urdu) 3-4
- Oil 1/2 cup (for frying onions and then same oil will be used in Qorma)
- Ginger and garlic paste 1 table spoon
Making Chicken Qorma involve seven simple steps, which are as follows:
- Step 1: In a pot, fry onions until golden brown, drain them and take them out, and spread on paper.
- Step 2: In a small bowl beat yogurt, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Step 3: In the oil add green cardamom and cloves, and fry for 1 min now add ginger and garlic paste and sauté for 3 to 4 mins.
- Step 4: Add yogurt and sauté until oil separates now add in chicken and sauté well for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Step 5: Now, crush your browned onions and add them in the chicken continue to cook for two more minutes.
- Step 6: Then add nearly a glass of water cover and cook until the chicken is well done.
- Step 7: Garnish and serve.
Thank you for making time to read this blog. We hope that you found it helpful. Please feel free to share your thoughts about it down below because we will sincerely appreciate your comments. Do subscribe to our future blogs too.
Click here to read our previous post “Pakistani Biryani Recipe” in case you missed it. To read more about amazing lifestyle tips, keep visiting us on www.lifestyleglitz.com. We are all you need for a great and happy lifestyle!
Recipe by Guest Blogger: Juveria Jabeen Zubair.