Biryani is a very famous traditional main dish of Indo Pak. It has many versions like the vegetable biryani, chicken biryani, mutton biryani, beef biryani, Delhi and Hyderabadi kachy gosht ki (raw meat) biryani, which is also known as dum ki or Chilman biryani.
It is a very aromatic, spicy and delicious dish, mainly consisting of cooked meat and rice layered in a large pot or pan. People cook it at home as well as in restaurants and hotels all over Pakistan. It is a common dish served on special occasions like wedding, parties or funerals. Its fame has made it reach out to nearly every nook and corner of the world.
The taste, amount of spices, and the way of cooking has been adapted and varied over the years but it remains a popular dish. Here is my version of homemade beef biryani.
P.S.: You can use chicken or mutton if you like.
Ingredient for Biryani
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- A pinch Saffron
- 1 tsp Green chilli paste
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 3/4kg Chicken pieces
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder (roasted)
- 2 cups Basmati- rice
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Onion 3 large, sliced
- Green Coriander leaves 2 tbsp, chopped
- Water 3 1/2 cups
- 7 tbsp Oil
- Salt as required
How to make Chicken Biryani
- Prepare the mixture with puree, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, tomato yoghurt, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Marinade the chicken and marinade in the mixture. Let it stay for 3-4 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry onions until they are golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken to this. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- After getting to this stage, take the rice and add 3 1/2 cups of water to it. You can use a pressure cooker if you want. Use the saffron, mix with the milk and add it to the rice.
- Add the chicken pieces and cardamom powder with the marinade.
- Mix the ingredients in gently. Do not break the rice. Be gentle. Cover the cooker lid and let it pressure cook until 1 whistle.
This is a quick recipe, but there are many other ways of cooking Biryani. If you have any other recipe, we will love to hear it. Share it in the comments down below.
Another Recipe Video
Click here to read our previous post “Tiramisu Recipe – Tried and Tested, Easy to Make – Lifestyle Glitz” in case you missed it. To read more about amazing lifestyle tips, keep visiting us on www.lifestyleglitz.com. We are all you need for a great and happy lifestyle!