Irrespective of the technique selected for treatment, the procedure is the same when performing liposuction:
- Anesthesia: Medications are administered to make individual patients are comfortable throughout the surgical procedure. There are typically three choices: local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, and general anesthesia. Dr. Man works with an anesthesiologist to find out the very best option for each patient.
- Incisions: Liposuction is performed through tiny incisions that allow the cannula to be inserted into the targeted area. A diluted local anesthetic is infused into the location being treated to cut back bleeding and trauma.
- Suction: The thin hollow tube, or cannula, is inserted through the incisions to loosen excess fat utilizing a controlled back and forth motion. The dislodged fat is suctioned from the body using a surgical vacuum or syringe attached to the cannula.
Following the task, patients can rest comfortably before anesthesia starts to wear off. Any necessary medications are administered to prevent infection and minimize discomfort. Dr. Man typically follows up to make specific incisions heal properly, and the email address details are satisfactory.
During Boca Raton Liposuction recovery, elastic bandages may cover treatment areas to control swelling and compress the skin. Small, temporary drains might be placed to remove any excess blood or fluid. Slight swelling may last a few days to a week; bruising will subside over this week or so.
The results from liposuction may stay longer so long as the patients maintain a wholesome diet and exercise. *Patients may request follow-up procedures to tighten loose skin, which is why it is imperative to maintain a connection with the surgeon.
HOW MUCH DOES LIPOSUCTION COST?
There are several factors involved in the cost of liposuction, like the extent of the areas to be treated and whether other procedures are likely to be performed together with liposuction. During a preliminary consultation, we go over the costs along with your payment options. We accept cash, personal checks, and charge cards, as well as offer financing.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
We recommend you schedule a consultation with Dr. Man to go over your choices with plastic surgery, including liposuction. Your liposuction consultation is just a chance for him to access know you and your goals, evaluate your body, and discuss possible treatments to achieve your desired look. Once he determines the very best procedure for you, he takes time to go over the essential points of the task and answer any questions you could have about any of it or anything else.
A full medical history is going to be required, so anticipate to discuss information about these:
- Previous surgeries
- Any past or present medical conditions
- Any allergies or sensitivities
- All current medications
- Medical treatments you’ve received
- Any plans for weight reduction
- Any ideas for pregnancy