The classic homemade Caesars salad is an all-time favorite salad. It’s extremely simple to make; in fact, you can make a scrumptious bowl of delicious salad right in your kitchen, at only a fraction of the cost. Personally, I think everything tastes better homemade anyway ?.
This salad has so many variations, but I guarantee this version is much better! Homemade salad dressings taste a lot richer than store-bought ones, and once you try this recipe, I’m sure you’ll always want to make it at home! Homemade dressing is not too heavy, not too runny—just the right consistency! To prepare this Caesars salad dressing, all you need to do is whisk all the ingredients together and chill the mixture in the refrigerator. You can even make this dressing a day ahead to save time. Many people are not too comfortable about having raw eggs and anchovies in their salad. However, it is the richness of the raw eggs and anchovies, which make your dressing taste like the real deal.
You can use leftover bread to make croutons. Homemade croutons are crisp, light, and give that extra crunch to your salad.
Make sure to load your Caesars salad with a generous amount of Parmesan shavings to bring a wholesome, nutty, aromatic flavor to your salad.
How to get the Umami kick: Substitute melted butter for olive oil for a nice, bright color to your homemade croutons. In addition, using sundried tomatoes is a great way to add a nice little umami kick to your salad. Pairing this salad with grilled chicken makes an excellent entree.
Recipe for Caesars Salad
Servings: 4 servings
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 2 tins of anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 2 medium-sized garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups of 1-inch cubes of French bread
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes (packed in oil)
To make the dressing:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, and the French and Dijon mustard
- Add the tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is thick and creamy.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
To make the croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Toss bread with butter on a baking tray and bake it for 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally until golden and crisp.
- Gently toss together the lettuce, croutons, and dressing.
- Top with sundried tomatoes and parmesan shavings.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy making and serving this easy, nutritious, and delicious Caesars salad recipe.
Click here to read our previous post “Why We Love Broccoli (And You Should, Too!)” in case you missed it. To read more about amazing lifestyle tips, keep visiting us on www.lifestyleglitz.com. We are all you need for a great and happy lifestyle!