If you’ve ever wanted to transfer the contents of an image to text, you’ve either attempted the stress of manually rewriting it or alternatively, you might have attempted a quick Google search for any method that can help you out. Thankfully, OCR exists! Optical Character Recognition or OCR is a way to convert static images or printouts into editable documents. This method of conversion is useful in a variety of professions, so it goes without saying that there is a fair share of OCR tools available to use.
In this article, we compiled the 3 best OCR tools for text recognition in order to save you the hassle of engaging with a buggy or unreliable software.
3 Best OCR or Optical Character Recognition Tools We Recommend
Check out our picks and choose the one that is in sync with your top image to text preferences!
1. Microsoft OneNote
If you want a reliable OCR, OneNote has quite the feature. With OneNote, you can convert images to text easily. Although OneNote is predominantly used as a note keeper, it is also a good Optical Character Recognition. The OCR feature is easy to access but it does have a slight limitation. Unfortunately, it does not have access to columns and support tables.
Use the following steps to use the OneNote OCR feature.
- Step 1: First, download OneNote from com and install it. It is available for Windows and macOS.
- Step 2: Open the application and insert your image into OneNote.
- Step 3: Right-click on the image and click on the ‘Copy Text from Picture’ option.
- Step 4: Wait for OneNote to finish processing it.
- Step 5: The text will be copied to a clipboard where you can access it and paste it onto a word processor like Microsoft Word for further editing.
SimpleOCR is a basic Optical Character Recognition tool that converts your documents into text through your scanner. If you have documents that exhibit any form of complexity, SimpleOCR will get it done regardless of crisp scans or not.
- Step 1: Download SimpleOCR from www.SimpleOCR.com and install it.
- Step 2: Once you have installed it, open the app and select the file you want to scan.
- Step 3: After the scan, you can easily copy the text according to its print format.
If you want access to the handwriting recognition feature, SimpleOCR can be purchased!
Onlineconverterfree.com features a free PDF to Text Converter alongside the image to text converter. As a fully online program, it allows text to be extracted from a PDF document or an image. It has simple steps that only require the user to open a website and then click upload files. Upon clicking upload files, users will be able to pick the PDF document or image they want to convert, and the conversion will be completed instantly. It’s a simple and quick online Optical Character Recognition to use!
- Step 1: Go to onlineconverterfree.com
- Step 2: Click on ‘Upload File’ and select the file you wish to convert from your computer. You can also drag it into the upload box.
- Step 3: Choose your preferred language and output format for the document.
- Step 4: Convert the file and download it.
Found this article informative? Perhaps you would also like to read 10 Effective Tips That Help Make a Beautiful Garden.