Meaning of Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office is defined as a set of desktop applications the enhance productivity, designed in a way that is exactly and clearly for office or corporate use. It is an ownership product, first released by Microsoft in 1990. There are different types of languages available in Microsoft Office and Mac, Windows, and several Linux variants support it. The Microsoft has essential features i.e., Excel, Powerpoint, Access, OneNote, Word, Outlook and Publisher applications.
Attributes of Microsoft Office
The Office has been created to process the manual office work with a collection of purpose-built applications.
The Applications in Microsoft Office serves as specific knowledge or domain such as:
● Microsoft Excel:
The spreadsheet which is developed by Microsoft for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS is termed Microsoft Excel. Features of Microsoft Excel are as follows:
1. Calculation: In the spreadsheet, we can allow you to make calculations quickly in a few seconds.
2. Graphing tools: A chart is often is known as graphs, which helps understand the variations of markets shares and expenses.
3. Pivot tables: The programming tool that gives the permission to change and define selected columns and rows of data in a spreadsheet are known as Pivot tables.
4. A macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications.
● Microsoft PowerPoint:
The powerful presentation software is developed by the Microsoft. The ideas and smartness work in presentation, this is known as Microsoft Powerpoint. It is an application to create multimedia presentations.
Dennis Austin and Thomas Rudkin developed presentation application at Forethought Inc. and named Presenter. After that, it was renamed as Powerpoint in 1987 as suggested by Robert Gaskins.
● Microsoft Access:
Microsoft Access is the part of the Microsoft Office
suite of applications that includes Word, Outlook, and Excel, among others. It’s a pseudo-relational database engine from Microsoft.
Used for both small and large database deployments. The graphical interface is easy to use as a part and as well as the platforms like Microsoft own SQL Server database engine and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
The Access version 1.0 was first released in November 1992 and software was working better with a small database but there would be some large files, which was the danger of data corruption.
● Microsoft Word:
The widely used commercial word processor is designed by Microsoft and termed as Microsoft Word. It is component of the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software, but you can also purchase it as a standalone product.
It was launched in 1983 and revised so many times. Microsoft Word is available for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
It is often called simply Word or MS Word. This includes several features like:
1. WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) display: That everything which is displayed on the screen and at the time of print or moved to another format or program, it will appear as same which get.
2. Spell check: In this dictionary is built to check spelling mistakes; misspelled words are marked as a red underline.
3. Text-level features:- bold, underline, italic and strikethrough.
4. Page-level features like indentation, paragraphing and justifying.
5. External support: Word is compatible with many programs.
The default file format is .docx and the Word 16 is as .wps.
● Microsoft OneNote:
This helps organize the notes which user wants to do.
These are often used as the Microsoft office where you can do as your documents need the contents or things, which is appropriate to your file.
Don’t go yet! Read our previous post: The Growing Market of Cheap Door Hangers