Tiramisu is a word from Italian, spelled tiramisù [tiramiˈsu]. Its meaning is “pick me up”, “cheer me up”, “wake me up”, or “lift me up”, is a popular dessert. It consists of biscuits usually ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of cream, sugar, and cream cheese, flavored with cocoa. The recipe has modified versions that mainly comprise of a variety of cakes and other desserts.
Its origins are Italian regions, and it is quite famous in Italy. This recipe has two basic versions – the baked and cold cake version. Mine is the later one, an eggless no bake version made with easily available ingredients. It is a mildly sweet dessert but very tempting and delicious a must try.
Therefore, it is an easier version and quick to make.
- Tea biscuits 2-3 half packs,
- Coffee 1 tablespoon dissolved in 1.5 cups of plain water,
- Dream whip 2 sachet (in Pakistan use fresh dairy cream e.g. Nagori or Milk Pak),
- Canned cream (Qushta) plain or honey flavor two cans,
- Sugar 3-4 tablespoon of canned cream is plain
- Coffee grains and milo for topping
Method of Making Tiramisu
- Take a glass serving dish round or oval or rectangle depending on the shape of your tea biscuits.
- In a blender add canned cream and sugar and blend. For dream whip, follow the procedure written on the sachet.
- Dip the biscuits in the coffee mix and arrange in the dish.
- Pour 1/3 cream mix on biscuits now arrange another layer of coffee dipped biscuits.
- Pour cream and add another layer of coffee dipped biscuits and then top with cream.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle coffee grains and milo to decorate.
- Serve cold.
You can complete this entire recipe in three hours at most, which means that you must plan for it.
Another Trusted Recipe
Click here to read our previous post “How to Market and Sell: Marketing Tips” in case you missed it. To read more about amazing lifestyle tips, keep visiting us on www.lifestyleglitz.com. We are all you need for a great and happy lifestyle!
Recipe by Guest Blogger: Juveria Jabeen Zubair.